Monday, July 2, 2012

Just missed the storm

Friday night, I was out shooting the DC skyline from across the Potomac when my wife called to tell me that a major storm was on the way. I looked up and didn't see anything. Nevertheless, I wrapped up what I was doing and about an hour later, a massive storm hit the DC metro area. I'm glad I left when I did!

Several days later, almost half a million people are still without power here in the DC metro area. Stores and restaurants are closed. With traffic lights out of commission, the roads are a mess. The storm happened to hit at the same time as a massive heat wave. The city set up cooling stations for those without power.

I was fortunate. We didn't lose power, and I got the shot I wanted:

A bridge to Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment